The Indians have some really tasty food, but while it attracts many taste buds, some won’t even try their recipes at home as they’re often too time-consuming. Well, if you have less than a hour and feel for some Indian food, this tasty coconut curry salmon is your way to go!
The recipe is flexible too, as you can substitute the salmon with any firm-fresh fish or seafood. Pair this with some brown rice and you’ll have a great meal that feel like a cheat meal for only 571 calories!
COOKING 25 min
100g salmon, cut into chunks or other fish of your choice
Fresh cilantro leaves
Freshly ground salt and pepper
FOR THE COCONUT & YOGURT SAUCE
200ml coconut milk
1 tomato, diced
1 onion, roughly chopped
1 tablespoons butter
1 clove garlic, minced
170g (1/2 cup) plain yogurt
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated or 1 tsp ground ginger
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 tablespoon curry
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon small green pimento pepper
1. Cook the onion and spices for 10 minutes in a pan. Add the garlic and cook for several more minutes.
2. Transfer the mixture to a stand mixer bowl and add the yogurt. Blend until you achieve a creamy paste.
3. Pour the paste, coconut milk, and tomato into a pot. Season generously and bring to a boil.
4. Add the salmon chunks and simmer for 15–20 minutes.
5. Serve with brown rice or basmati rice and fresh cilantro.