How can a man wear flowers without losing his masculinity? In last week’s editorial, we mentioned how much brands have been making it easier for men to rock the flower trend, but it still takes work to figure out how to make it work.
Thankfully, this year, the colors are softer, with a warmer pink hue and cooler blue, which makes it easier for men to bloom.
- Don’t overdo it: don’t wear a floral prints top and pants! It’s one or the other one.
- Discrete but stylish: go with the trend and pink soft colors that don’t drive too much attention. Some nice brands propose trousers and shorts with a mixture of flora and foliage.
- A dash of floral flair: for those who are afraid to bloom, a well-placed accessory offers an understated way to introduce a hint of florals into your wardrobe. Ties, footwear, hats or something as discrete as a pocket square will do the trick.
- Go wild at the beach: yes you can! Swimwear has always been an area where men have experimented with print and pattern. Enjoy a soft and warm print or go with bold colors. Have fun; summer is here!
- Layer for subtlety: if you want to stay discrete, try wearing a micro-floral print shirt beneath a clean-lined cotton knit or a dark tailored jacket.
- Know when to wear it: always think of the occasion before you don florals. These prints are not work Reserve them for off-duty occasions.
- Make it your own: like for any trend, you have to make it your own. Fashion is about expression and experimentation. Ultimately, you have to feel comfortable in what you wear; then your masculinity will outshine the bloom print.