When you start cooking, you realize that most meals are easier to make than you initially thought and also a lot cheaper.
One good example is meals made of puff pastry. It always looks so fancy, but the reality is most of them are not that hard to make and won’t take all of your time. Best thing of all, you can control what you put in your food and stay away from additives.
Try this quick and easy salmon and herbs in puff pastry.
PREPARATION 10 min
COOKING 25-30 min
1 puff pastry
1 salmon filet (around 150g)
100g ricotta (we never tasted it with goat cheese, but it might be a good alternative)
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp parsley
1 tbsp cilantro
1. Preheat the oven at 400°F
2. Mix the ricotta, herbs, lemon zest, 1 tbsp of lemon, salt and pepper.
3. Cut a strip of pastry slightly larger than the width of the salmon fillet and place it on a sheet of parchment paper.
4. Season half of the salmon with salt and pepper, lay it on the pastry and spread the mixture on top of it.
5. Moisten edges of the puff pastry with water, fold to the center, seal the seams and brush it with the beaten egg.
6. Repeat with the other half of the salmon fillet.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the pastry is puffed and golden, and the salmon has cooked all the way through.